The Love Whitton (formerly the Whitton Business Association – WBA) represents and supports the businesses in Whitton, including the High Street, other shopping areas, other types of businesses and people who work from home. It also provides advice and helps businesses to work together and succeed.
We are funded by subscriptions from its Members and grants from Richmond Council and the RFU. We have recently commissioned Steve Roest and Colin Cooper from Community Current Ltd (the trading arm of the charity South West London Environment Network) to undertake the part-time Town Centre Manager role until December 2017. We are asking local business to renew their memberships and we are also looking for additional committee members, please contact us if you are interested.
Love Whitton and its members part fund and organise the two big annual community events in the High Street – Christmas Lights Switch On and St George’s Day Parade. Many traders give their time voluntarily to help manage or sponsor these popular events. They are organised to bring people into the High Street and to of course provide a focal point for the community. Love Whitton pays for the Christmas lights and their installation and operation with the assistance through a grant from the Council which has an annual cost of £9,500.
Other work of Love Whitton
- Joint marketing initiatives such as the previous Whitton Wednesdays, local newsletters.
- Representing the interests of the Town Centre with the Council.
- Working alongside the Council on any parking or street scene programmes.
- Seeking out funding sources for the area.
- Attracting investment.
- Hosting and funding a business-led website
- Improving the appearance of the High Street, such as putting up flags on the countries playing at Twickenham Stadium.
We are fortunate in that the Rugby Football Union and the Council help contribute to the costs of the St George’s Day and the Christmas Lights Switch On Events.
The Love Whitton Committee
- Chairman (Interim); Colin Cooper, Community Current Ltd
- Treasurer; vacant position
- Events Officer and Events Committee Chair: Rashi Manak
- Committee Member: Cllr Gareth Elliot, Horatio Court Residents Association
- Committee Member: Mark Wania, L Guess Jewellers
- Committee Member: Jeremy Keates
- Committee Member: Jonathon Edwards
- Committee Member: Steve Roest, Community Current Ltd
How you can get involved
- Join Love Whitton
- Join the WBA committee
- Help us at the WBA events; St George’s Day Parade and the Christmas Lights Switch On
- Sign up to receive our Whitton Town Centre newsletters
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and help spread the word.
Contact the WBA